- Open to all RWD cars that come from factory with steel/chrome bumpers
- Open to Australian and American manufactured cars with a 6CYL turbo or V8 engine.
- We reserve the right to invite cars of interest that do not fit the above. For example: touring car replicas
- Must have valid registration with CTP. Online registration check will be performed. The car must have a VIN number visible in the engine bay that matches. No temporary permits or trade plates allowed.
- Driver must have a valid driver’s license and be 18 or over
- 1kg fire extinguisher, in date, must be securely mounted and in reach of the driver
- Must have overflow bottle for the radiator
- Must have oil catch can if breathes to atmosphere
- No fluid leaks
- Seat, steering wheel and seatbelts secure. Retractable mechanism must work. Battery secure
- Two levels of bonnet restraint. Factory double mechanism is fine, Or two bonnet pins
- No loose objects inside car
- Drive must wear enclosed shoes, long pants and long sleeve
- Helmet must be CAMS/FIA/ANDRA/IHRA approved
- Must retain full interior trim. Dash, door trims, all seats, seatbelts, carpet, working windows.
- Can be trimmed to fit around roll cage
- Exception can be made for touring car replicas on application
- Must retain working headlights, tail lights, stop lights and indicators
- Must run on petroleum or ethanol based fuel only
- All windows must be glass, unless a touring car replica.
- All exhaust gas must pass through a minimum of one muffler. Exhaust must go to a minimum of the rear diff. Exhaust must be visible on camera when filmed from behind.
- Tyres must be of radial construction front AND rear
- Tyres must have a full circumference groove with water dispersing tread joined to the groove. If unsure, please contact us. Example of approve tyres:
- Mickey Thompson Street S/S
- M&H Racemaster Drag Radial
- Nitto NT555R
- Any tyre of radial construction
- Must retain dashboard, door trims, two front seats and carpet in front of front seats
- Must have working front windows
- Interior behind front seat is free
- Must have glass front window
- Exhaust can be dropped after the firewall. Must have a merge collector. No open pipes. Side pipe is preferred for safety but must exit after the front wheel.
- Must have four-point harness
*It is recommended that your car meets the same safety requirements as what is required at the track and you drive in the same safety gear as at the track.
TRUE STREET KINGS
True Street entrants who wish to compete in the True Street Kings shootout must complete the drive on Thursday from Pheasants Nest Service Station to Cootamundra Airport. Cars must arrive before the departure time of 10:30am to receive a sticker that signifies they are part of the official drive. If a car misses the departure time and does not have a sticker, they cannot compete in the True Street Kings shootout component of the event. Cars will not be allowed to drive down separately or on a different day.
The car must drive under its own power the entire way from the meet point to the finish point and must follow the pre-determined route. You can tow a trailer or have a support vehicle that drives behind the convoy. If you have a mechanical issue or flat tyre, you can pull over to make repairs, however, you must arrive at Cootamundra Airport within a 1-hour window of the first cars arriving, or from 3pm. Any cars that arrive after this time will not be eligible to compete in the True Street Kings shootout.
TRUE STREET COMPETITION REGULATIONS
All True Street cars must compete as per the True Street car rules and regulations.
During the shootout, if you win your race, you must return immediately to the staging lane. You must NOT return to your pit. In the staging lane you can perform repairs, check logs and tyre pressures but you can NOT refuel. You must be ready to go by the time the next round starts. If you are not ready when called, you will be disqualified.
Between the semi-finals and finals, we will allow up to 10 minutes for the finalists to cool the car down and refuel in their pit. Once the finals of forced induction and naturally aspirated have been run, they will return to the start line to receive their trophies before then having a grand final race. Competitors cannot return to their pit before the grand final.
PRO STREET COMPETITION REGULATIONS
All Pro Street cars must compete as per the Pro Street car rules and regulations.
During the shootout, if you win your race, you must return immediately to the staging lane. You must NOT return to your pit. In the staging lane you can perform repairs, check logs and tyre pressures but you can NOT refuel. You must be ready to go by the time the next round starts.
After Top-8 we will allow competitors to return to their pits after each round for 10 minutes to cool down and re-fuel. If other category rounds are still happening, you will have more time to cool the car down in the staging lanes. Steps will be taken to ensure there is sufficient times for cars to be turned around, however, if you are not ready when called by event staff, you will be disqualified
Runway Outlaws competition regulations are as per Pro Street. Any additional rules and regs are TBA.